Adam Fischer / Budapest Wagner Days
Nicholas G
2018-05-31 16:48:34 UTC
I recently heard Adam Fischer conduct the Ring in Vienna and was very impressed. The friend I went with told me about Fischer's Wagner festival in Budapest. Given what I heard I decided to go in 2019 and just booked a ticket for the 2nd Ring cycle for the equivalent of c. $280.

https://www.mupa.hu/en/events/budapest-wagner-days/budapest-wagner-days-2019

The singers whose names I recognized are all A listers (the current Bayreuth Siegfried and Brunhilde and the Vienna Wotan for example).

I also noticed the Bela Bartok concert hall's acoustics were designed by Russell Johnson. He was also responsible for the acoustic design of Symphony Hall, Birmingham and the Meyerson in Dallas (which is superb).

I just wondered if anyone here has ever been to this festival?

Cheers,
Nicholas
m***@gmail.com
I hope the production is better than the very cheap looking Vienna
Nicholas G
2018-06-15 17:46:24 UTC
When did you see the Vienna Ring?
m***@gmail.com
2018-06-15 22:16:20 UTC
I saw them on video - not impressed by the staging at all
Nicholas G
2018-06-19 21:30:11 UTC
It looks fine in the theatre, except (perhaps) the very end of the cycle.