This year's Bayreuth Lohengrin on YouTube
2018-07-28 18:15:13 UTC
Well, half an hour's worth of act three at least:

I think I'll say it's not to my taste and leave it at that.
Mike Scott Rohan
2018-07-29 14:30:07 UTC
http://youtu.be/Lwk3yDc2K9c
I think I'll say it's not to my taste and leave it at that.
Thanks for this, Bert. There's also the Act 1 finale:

And I would certainly agree with your comment. Not actually offensive -- no rats, although one or two nobles appear to be aspiring to swanhood -- but merely vapid and silly, quite a usual progression between Bayreuth stagings these days. Musically it doesn't seem all that bad, though.

m***@gmail.com
2018-07-29 20:41:29 UTC
http://youtu.be/Lwk3yDc2K9c
I think I'll say it's not to my taste and leave it at that.
http://youtu.be/qzRHYszEBro
A "femininst" take on the work - effective I guess on its own terms but not Wagner's terms. He would have no patience with this at all
REP
2018-07-31 16:25:57 UTC
http://youtu.be/Lwk3yDc2K9c
I think I'll say it's not to my taste and leave it at that.
It's better to assume that it's an awful production than to click that link and remove all doubt.*

REP

* with apologies to Mark Twain