Kaufmann-Siegfrieds?
Peter
2016-01-20 23:38:59 UTC
I wonder if anyone might have heard rumors as to when Jonas Kaufmann might
start singing the two Siegfrieds?

Furthermore I wonder if anyone might know when, or if, Gergiev intends to
complete his recorded Mariinsky Ring; i.e. Siegfried and Götterdämmerung?
Jay Kauffman
No and I hope never
Bert Coules
2016-01-21 10:01:53 UTC
Didn't Kaufmann say in a fairly recent interview that he wasn't interested
in playing Siegfried?

Bert
t***@gmail.com
My recollection, based on a BBC Radio 3 interview last year, is that he said he DOES hope to sing both Tristan and Siegfried[s] at some point in his career, but he was not saying when and considering his schedule is booked up years in advance I doubt any time soon. It might be a record -only thing, a bit like Domingo's Tristan ended up being.
wkasimer
2016-01-22 19:51:38 UTC
Post by t***@gmail.com
My recollection, based on a BBC Radio 3 interview last year, is that he said he DOES hope to sing both Tristan and Siegfried[s] at some point in his career, but he was not saying when and considering his schedule is booked up years in advance I doubt any time soon. It might be a record -only thing, a bit like Domingo's Tristan ended up being.
re Tristan, I predict that Kaufmann *will* sing the role, onstage, in 4-5 years, with Christine Goerke as Isolde.

Bill