Dresden 2016 Lohengrin
Operachic
2017-03-19 15:00:12 UTC
Hello fellow Wagnerites,
Do any of you have any idea when the 2016 Dresden Lohengrin with Piotr Beczala, Anna Netrebko and Evelyn Herlitzius with Christian Thielemann conducting will become available as a DVD? Apparently it was broadcast on European TV and the only version I can buy from the website HD has only German subtitles embedded. Has it ever been shown on TV with English subtitles? Thanks in anticipation.
Sarah
Mike Scott Rohan
2017-03-28 01:30:08 UTC
Post by Operachic
Hello fellow Wagnerites,
Do any of you have any idea when the 2016 Dresden Lohengrin with Piotr Beczala, Anna Netrebko and Evelyn Herlitzius with Christian Thielemann conducting will become available as a DVD? Apparently it was broadcast on European TV and the only version I can buy from the website HD has only German subtitles embedded. Has it ever been shown on TV with English subtitles? Thanks in anticipation.
Sarah
I've been a bit ocuppid, to put it mildly, but I have had a look around and found no news yet. A lot of stuff gets broadcast, even high-quality stuff, and never released commercially. As you say, the only "private" versions I could fid have the German subtitles. But really, is that so much of a problem? It's easy enough to follow from a decent translation. If you feel an English-language Lohengrin essential, why not look up the old Nelish National Opera broadcast with Alberto Remedios a really lyrical hero? Ancient, but not at all bad otherwise.

Sorry I can't be more help,

Mike
Operachic
2017-03-28 09:42:45 UTC
Thank you Mike. I will get the version with the German subtitles and see how I go.

Sarah