Bayreuth broadcasts this year?
2017-07-11 20:35:52 UTC
Does anyone have a schedule for the Bayreuth broadcasts this year? Operacast.com doesn't seem to have one.

REP
Michel Casse
2017-07-13 18:15:57 UTC
Post by REP
Does anyone have a schedule for the Bayreuth broadcasts this year? Operacast.com doesn't seem to have one.
REP
The Bayerische Rundfunk will broadcast the following operas:
July 25th, 15:57 (german hour): Die Meistersinger von Nürnberg.
July 26th, 15:57 (german hour): Tristan und Isolde.
July 29th, 17:57 (german hour): Das Rheingold

The Meistersinger, as it seems, will be available in video-livestream at
www.br-klassik.de

I don't yet know if there will be other broadcasts.

The French Radio "France Musique" announces broadcasts of Die Walküre (August 14th), Siegfried (August 15th) and Götterdämmerung (August 16th) all at 20:00 (French hour). It will be the broadcasting of performances recorded July 30th, August 1st and 3rd.
Michel
REP
2017-07-13 19:12:30 UTC
Post by Michel Casse
Post by REP
Does anyone have a schedule for the Bayreuth broadcasts this year? Operacast.com doesn't seem to have one.
REP
July 25th, 15:57 (german hour): Die Meistersinger von Nürnberg.
July 26th, 15:57 (german hour): Tristan und Isolde.
July 29th, 17:57 (german hour): Das Rheingold
The Meistersinger, as it seems, will be available in video-livestream at
www.br-klassik.de
I don't yet know if there will be other broadcasts.
The French Radio "France Musique" announces broadcasts of Die Walküre (August 14th), Siegfried (August 15th) and Götterdämmerung (August 16th) all at 20:00 (French hour). It will be the broadcasting of performances recorded July 30th, August 1st and 3rd.
Michel
Excellent! Thank you.

REP
Michel Casse
2017-07-20 19:58:00 UTC
Post by Michel Casse
Post by REP
Does anyone have a schedule for the Bayreuth broadcasts this year? Operacast.com doesn't seem to have one.
REP
July 25th, 15:57 (german hour): Die Meistersinger von Nürnberg.
July 26th, 15:57 (german hour): Tristan und Isolde.
July 29th, 17:57 (german hour): Das Rheingold
The Meistersinger, as it seems, will be available in video-livestream at
www.br-klassik.de
I don't yet know if there will be other broadcasts.
The French Radio "France Musique" announces broadcasts of Die Walküre (August 14th), Siegfried (August 15th) and Götterdämmerung (August 16th) all at 20:00 (French hour). It will be the broadcasting of performances recorded July 30th, August 1st and 3rd.
Michel
On re-reading, I want to precise that when I speak of the Bayerische Rundfunk for the radio broadcasts, I mean the station "BR Klassik".
Michel
REP
2017-07-25 23:08:07 UTC
Post by REP
Does anyone have a schedule for the Bayreuth broadcasts this year? Operacast.com doesn't seem to have one.
REP
Today's Meistersinger was pleasant enough. The Eva was a little matronly, but every Eva sounds matronly when your standard is Dernesch. This was my first time hearing Vogt as Walther, and I'm not sure I like him in the role. He'd make a fine David, though.

REP
m***@gmail.com
For me she wasn't matronly but had a very restricted range esp on top where the voice couldn't soar at all. I notice she received some boos
REP
2017-07-26 01:53:53 UTC
Post by m***@gmail.com
Post by REP
Post by REP
Does anyone have a schedule for the Bayreuth broadcasts this year? Operacast.com doesn't seem to have one.
REP
Today's Meistersinger was pleasant enough. The Eva was a little matronly, but every Eva sounds matronly when your standard is Dernesch. This was my first time hearing Vogt as Walther, and I'm not sure I like him in the role. He'd make a fine David, though.
REP
For me she wasn't matronly but had a very restricted range esp on top where the voice couldn't soar at all. I notice she received some boos
Yes, I noticed that too. A lot of sopranos have a problem holding the final high-note of the quintet, so I can forgive her that. But there were similar issues throughout the third act, such as when Eva consoles Sachs in his workshop. The notes either weren't there or weren't pleasant.

The choir sounded nice, though. Sometimes I forget just how much singing they have to do in Meistersinger. It's not as much as in Lohengrin, which is practically an oratorio, but it's still a decent amount of music.