Siegfried Act One Bayreuth 1953
Add Reply
m***@gmail.com
2018-08-15 17:14:44 UTC
There are two Siegfrieds from Bayreuth in 1953 one conducted by Krauss and one by Keilberth. However if you listen to the Act Ones from both they are exactly the same - same coughs and noises at the same time. So which is it??? since the official release on Orfeo of the Krauss is from the Bavarian radio tapes, one would assume that both act ones are Krauss. This theory is bolstered by a listen to the Allegro LP release of the Ring which was a badly dubbed version of the Keilberth broadcast. That recording is different - noises and coughs at different places. I would think its highly probable the amateur dubber used the Keilberth throughout I assume the only way to actually hear the Siegfried Act One from Keilberth in 1953 is from the Allegro LPs.
t***@gmail.com
2018-08-30 20:25:54 UTC
You are right, only the Allegro LP has the read Keilberth Act 1. From memory, Windgassen gets rather lost in the forging song on both occasions!
m***@gmail.com
2018-08-31 02:22:38 UTC
Post by t***@gmail.com
You are right, only the Allegro LP has the read Keilberth Act 1. From memory, Windgassen gets rather lost in the forging song on both occasions!
Yes even for the 1955 Decca Bayreuth recording they had to have a special session for Windgassen in that sequence jay